What Do You Know About Great Britain? (part2)
Great Britain Quiz
2. Write in the missing dates
1. The Armada is the name of the Spanish Fleet that was defeated by the English navy in …… .
2. The Act of Supremacy was passed in …… and declared the sovereign to be the secular head of the Church of England.
3. The Titanic was a British passenger liner which collided with an iceberg on her maiden voyage to New York in …… .
4. The final battle of the Napoleonic Wars, which was in ……, is called the Battle of Waterloo.
5. A famous battle in English history, in which William the Conqueror defeated the Anglo-Saxon King Harold near Hastings in ……, is called the Battle of Hastings.
6. Magna Carta is the charter granted by King John in ……, which recognised the rights and privileges of the barons, the Church and the freemen.
7. The present sovereign, Queen Elizabeth II, had her Coronation in …… .
8. An epidemic of bubonic plague in London in ……, when more than 70,000 people died, out of an estimated population of 460,000 is called the Great Plague of London.
9. The Battle of Britain was the battle between British and German aircraft over London and the south of England in …… .
10. A fire which destroyed more than a half the city of London, including the old St Paul’s Cathedral, in …… is called the Great Fire of London.
11. British forces defeated Argentine forces in battles for control of the Falkland Islands in …… .
12. The Commonwealth of Nations was established in …… .
13. Britain became a member of the European Community, an economic organization that is now part of the European Union, in …… .
14. Scientists in Scotland cloned a sheep named Dolly in …… .
15. The wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer was in ……. .
Karolina 1f 13/15
Kamila 1e 15/15
Radek 1a 12/15